Saturday, September 22, 2007

Embarrassing!!

So had a pretty fast-paced and busy weekend and needless to say go to sleep very less; something like 12 hrs over the complete weekend.

So on the Monday morning, I am walking down Wall Street and went in to the Borders books store on it to pick up some coffee. There were posters all over the place about a new book being released that day. Mind still on when I could next go to sleep, picked up my coffee and walked out of the shop.

I have a camera man and a reporter approach me and the reporter ask me if I was planning to buy the new Alan Greenspan book. I said "No". She asked my why and I said "I dont know him (who he is)."

She gave me the "you're fucking kidding me" look and walked away. I was feeling so dizzy I quite couldn't recall him. I kept walking and just as i turned the corner, there was this flurry of information (images, text and the sorts) flooding my mind.

Alan Greenspan... former chairman of Federal Reserve Bank... the meeting to discuss the interest rate cut.. that was happenning today.. fuck fuck fuck! All that lack of sleep and I successfully flaunted my ignorance. No wonder she gave me the condescending look.

Was reading the news later that day and came to know that the book was sold out in that store by noon. Awesome!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Enter your email address below
to subscribe to The Lost Pages!


powered by Bloglet